Join our Specialised Postural Support team!
Full time or Part time
Salary Range: $123,193 to $131,508 relative to experience including 10% p.a. Super, Salary Packaging and Leave Loading
Rocky Bay is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Advanced Clinician Postural Support (Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy) to join our team of interdisciplinary Allied Health professionals.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Ensure the delivery of evidence based, innovative and high quality services to children, young people and adults with disabilities
- Work collaboratively to achieve clinical excellence
- Contribute to innovate service improvements by ‘Looking for Better Ways’
- Be a part of a diversified and progressive disability service organisation
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic, proactive, solution-focused person who can ensure that we offer contemporary, innovative and high quality Postural Support services within our Assistive Technology Team, supporting Rocky Bay’s vision of being a leading service provider in the sector.
You will also mentor and develop the skills of Rocky Bay therapists in the area of Postural Support to ensure competency, consistency and quality of practice across the service.
You will hold a caseload of customers north of the river, however you will also be required to cover other locations in the Perth Metro area to meet service demands.
About Rocky Bay
Established for over 80 years, Rocky Bay is a leading provider of disability services offering choice and independence to thousands of children and adults living with disability in Western Australia.
Mandatory Selection Criteria:
- A degree in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with people with disabilities who have complex postural support needs (e.g. experience working with variety of manual and powered wheelchairs, seating inserts, customised seating, pressure care and night time positioning)
- Experience coaching and mentoring Allied Health staff, working within an interdisciplinary team
- Comprehensive experience working within the framework of person/family centred practice
- Ability to research, introduce and promote contemporary best practices related to service delivery
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrates a solution-focused approach informed by critical thinking and highly developed analytical skills
- Effective time management skills with an ability to prioritise competing demands and complete tasks on time
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health legislation and the ability to assess and manage organisational risk
- Current membership with AHPRA
- Eligibility for Medicare Provider Number
- Department of Education Police Clearance (no older than 3 months)
- Current WA Working With Children check
- Current WA driver’s licence
- Proof of influenza vaccine or a willingness to obtain
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Relevant Post Graduate qualifications or currently in progress to achieve this
- Experience delivering training in postural support
- Knowledge of power wheelchair controllers and understanding of manufacturing processes for customised seating
- Experience in delivering therapy services in the NDIS
Recognising and Rewarding our Employees
Working collaboratively with customers, Rocky Bay employees are motivated by the desire to optimise quality of life for people with a disability and make a positive difference to achieving their individual goals and outcomes. As an organisation, we employ people who reflect our values-based culture.
Rocky Bay recognises and rewards staff through a range of benefits and development opportunities, which include;
- Ability to participate in portfolio groups to suit differing professional interests
- Access to a range of best practice technology and equipment
- Generous support for both internal and external professional development
- National and International scholarship opportunities
- Engaging in Therapy and Professional Services team events
- Flexible working arrangements
- 4 weeks annual leave and the option of purchasing an additional 2 weeks of leave per annum
- Quarterly ‘Star’ Recognition and Loyalty Awards
- Fleet cars or reimbursement for work related travel
- Subsidised uniforms
- Discounted Corporate rates with HBF insurance
- You must have the right to work in Australia to apply
- Please note that all pre-qualification questions must be answered for your application to be considered
- We will commence the recruitment process immediately
What are you waiting for?
Please click the “Apply for Job” button and submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience, skills and qualifications for the role.
For further information about the role, please contact Vanora Nguyen, Recruitment Officer at Rocky Bay on 0482 166 428 or email@example.com
To view the position description click this link