Support Workers – Permanent Backfill
Job no: 492386
Work type: Permanent Part Time
Categories: Support Work
- Positions are for either Supported Accommodation houses or Community Respite Guest houses in the Perth Metropolitan Area
- Minimum contracts of 60 hours per fortnight
- Attractive Salary Packaging, Career Development and Staff Recognition programs
Rocky Bay has supported people with a disability for over 80 years. We recognise that each person is different and therefore work with our customers to tailor a service to meet their unique needs, preferences and life goals.
Our Supported Accommodation division offers support to over 100 people living in 18 homes across the Perth Metro area.
Our Guest House (Respite) Program is part of the Community division and offers short term respite across four locations of Gosnells, Beeliar, Rockingham and Noranda.
Positive and established working relationships are the foundation of excellent customer service. It is important to our customers that we are able to provide them with consistent support, from people that they know and trust.
In order to provide the best quality supports, we are recruiting support workers to form our permanent backfill team. These positions will be assigned to a particular geographical area and play an essential role in covering planned and unplanned leave.
- Are available to work a flexible roster including day, afternoon, night and weekend shifts, that changes on a fortnightly basis
- Are able to pick up shifts with minimal notice
- Have an ability to quickly adapt to different working environments
- Enjoy meeting new people and working as a team
- Have resilience, problem solving skills and use your initiative
then this role may be for you.
Every day will bring with it variety, as you support our customers to live the life they choose. Your responsibilities would include - supporting with all domestic tasks, accompanying people to appointments and social activities, administering medication and assisting with personal care requirements.
Experience in disability, aged care or mental health is an advantage but not essential. It is more important that you share our passion for support work that is reflected in the energy and enthusiasm you bring to the role.
If you are genuinely passionate about supporting individuals to realise their goals and are committed to optimising the quality of life for people living with disability, apply now.
- To upload a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria.
- Clearly specify your preference for either our Community Respite Guest Houses or Supported Accommodation positions.
To view the position description click this link
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend