Apprentice Technical Officer
Job no: 492454
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Allied Health
Apprentice Technical Officer
Would you like to turn your passion for manufacturing, customising and modifying equipment into a niche career? Have you thought about undertaking an Apprenticeship with an organisation that makes a difference day to day In an extremely rewarding role?
- Gain hands on experience working for a leading Disability Services provider and making a difference in people life day to day
- Permanent full time role available!
- Cockburn based
- Salary Packaging Benefits available!
- Perth based Role – Sleep in your own bed every night!
Rocky Bay is a leading provider of disability services, offering choice and independence to thousands of children and adults with disability in Western Australia.
At Rocky Bay, we value our employees and invest in their development. We are looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice to join our Equipment team. You will have an aptitude for mechanics and be willing to undertake a Certificate III Mechanical Engineering – Fitting & Machining.
The Equipment team custom manufacture, modify and maintain disability equipment to improve the lives of our customers. You will receive on-going mentoring from our experienced Technicians in developing your practical experience and skills.
To be successful for this position you will have:
- An interest in working with people with disabilities
- A level of maturity to engage respectfully with clients
- Experience using a range of workshop equipment for the purposes of manufacturing e.g. lathes, milling machines, welding, hand and power tools
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of OS&H in the workplace
- Current Driving License
- Flair for finishing detail
- Good computer skills
- Good time management, planning and organisational skills
- Good communication skills and ability to get on with a wide range of people, working as part of a team
- Able to problem solve and seek advice when needed
- Certificate II in Engineering - Mechanical
- Exposure to electronics
- Interest 3D design CNC Manufacturing with CAM programs such as Rhino or Solidworks
In return, Rocky Bay offers:
- Competitive remuneration – above the Metals Trade (General) Award
- Excellent employee benefits and salary packaging options
- Professional development opportunities
- Free on-site car parking
- Clean air-conditioned workshop
You must have the right to work in Australia to apply.
If you are interested in joining our team, please click the "Apply for Job" button, and submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience, skills and qualifications to the role. Please note that all prequalification questions must be answered for your application to be considered.
To view the position description click this link
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend