Lead Support Worker - Community - Mandurah
Job no: 492514
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Support Work
We are recruiting for a Lead Support Worker in the Community - Mandurah hub
- Full-Time Position
- Mandurah Location
About Rocky Bay
Rocky Bay is a leading provider of disability services, offering choice and independence to thousands of customers of all ages and abilities.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Rocky Bay.
With a long standing history of 82 years of operation, a forecast revenue of $80 million and over 1,000 employees working across 30 locations, Rocky Bay is expanding and growing services.
About the role:
This role reports directly to the Team Leader, and is best suited to an organised experienced candidate, who enjoys supporting the Team Leader with administrative tasks , providing support to customers and families, mentoring and coaching support workers
To succeed in this role you will have experience:
- With providing personal care support to promote optimum health and wellbeing; Providing direct support to assist clients to access appointments, social and leisure pursuits;
- Working closely with families, professionals and other stakeholders in a person’s life taking on a ‘keyworker’ role;
- Working to meet the unique needs of each individual by following their individual plans and working towards their bigger life goals, assisting them to capture their achievements along the way;
- Supporting the Team Leader with administrative tasks:
- Providing coaching and mentoring to staff to ensure high quality, customer focus, safe and well organised operational services;
To succeed in this role you will have:
- A commitment to Rocky Bay’s Purpose and Values
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position within the Community Services Sector
- Effective mentoring/coaching skills
- Ability to efficiently problem solve, think clearly and quickly
- The ability to work in a team and autonomously
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Effective time management skills and the ability to use your initiative
- A positive attitude, enthusiasm and flexibility
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Current WA driver’s license
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Current First Aid Cert
- Proof of current Influenza Vaccination
- Two professional contactable references (one from your current or most recent employer)
- Completed Certificate III in Disability or other relevant tertiary qualification
A competitive remuneration package is being offered, with generous salary packaging options and other benefits available.
To apply, please submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience, skills and qualifications to the role.
To learn more about Rocky Bay and our services, visit www.rockybay.org.au
If you would like to learn more about this role, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Danielle White – Service Manager at Danielle.White@rockybay.org.au .
Please note that we may start the selection process immediately
To view the position description click this link
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend