Behaviour Support Practitioner
Job no: 492528
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Allied Health
Are you a Behaviour Support Practitioner looking for an new opportunity?
- Work for a leading Disability Services provider
- Armadale/Cockburn area
Rocky Bay is a leading provider of disability services, offering choice and independence to thousands of children and adults living with disability in Western Australia.
About the Role
We are seeking experienced and enthusiastic health or education professionals to join our growing Behaviour Support Team. Rocky Bay has interdisciplinary team approach to positive behaviour support for people with behaviours of concern. This is a fantastic opportunity for dedicated professionals wanting to expand their skills in the area of Positive Behaviour Support
You will be part of an engaging and supportive team with strong skills in positive behaviour support. High quality ongoing professional development and supervision in positive behaviour support will be provided.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Recognised professional qualification and current registration and/or membership with professional body as required for practice
- Knowledge and experience working with people that have behaviours of concern that families, carers and / or members of the community find challenging.
- Understanding of the principles and evidence-based practice regarding the delivery of positive behaviour support approaches within diverse environments, including their home and community supports.
- Experience in developing and implementing training, coaching and providing support to non-clinical staff, service providers and families / caregivers.
- Experience in engaging with a range of stakeholders to develop a shared understanding of the customer’s needs and the influencing factors to the behaviours they find challenging.
- Experience in working with interdisciplinary assessments as a professional practitioner working in an associated sector or industry, with participation in collaboration and the implementation of reflective practice.
- Meets (or has the ability to meet the requirements of the NDIS Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework to qualify as a Behaviour Support Practitioner
- Department of Education Police Clearance (no older than 3 months)
- Current WA Working With Children check
- Current WA driver’s license
- Proof of influenza vaccine or willingness to obtain
In return, Rocky Bay offers:
- Competitive remuneration
- Excellent employee benefits and salary packaging options
- Professional development opportunities
- Free on-site car parking
You must have the right to work in Australia to apply.
We will commence the recruitment process immediately. Please note that all prequalification questions must be answered for your application to be considered.
If you are interested in joining our team, please click the "Apply for Job" button, and submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience, skills and qualifications to the role.
What are you waiting for?
Please click ‘apply’ to see the Job Description for further details.
Please click the “Apply for Job” button and submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience, skills and qualifications for the role.
For further information about the role, please contact Nelly Sarwary, Team Leader Ph 08 6399 4149
Applications close: 17 October 2021
To view the position description click this link
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend