Lead Support Worker
- Permanent part time and Full Time
- Paid induction program which runs every two weeks so we can have you commence quicker!
- The ability to have a career as a Lead Support Worker with opportunities for promotion
If you are an experienced support worker looking to advance your career and are genuinely passionate about supporting people living with disability, then we would love to hear from you!
Our customers are individual as you are! We are looking for people who want to work with our customers, get to know them, and support them to live the life they choose.
You will reflect our values and believe in what we do, which will allow you to feel a sense of pride and belonging as you make a positive difference in people’s lives.
We are seeking committed, motivated and energetic Lead Support Workers to join our Community. We are looking for Team leaders for our community, and Team Leaders for our Guest Houses in all of the Metro area.
Successful candidates must be available to work varied shift times, from Monday to Sunday.
The Lead Support Worker helps to support individuals with complex needs including sensory, physical and intellectual disabilities.
We want people who:
- Can demonstrate a commitment to person-centred approaches, supporting inclusion and participation.
- Have resilience to embrace change and work in a dynamic environment
- May have previous experience working with people with a disability, and comfortable working with people with a range of disabilities or if you are looking to move into disability are willing to learn and develop as a Support Worker.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and maintain satisfactory compliance requirements in line with NDIS for a Support Worker.
What you will need to do?
As a Lead Support Worker your responsibilities will typically include:
- Supporting our customers during outings, with daily activities, reaching personal goals, administering medication and assisting with their personal care requirements (including personal hygiene and appearance to an acceptable level for age and chosen activity), whilst demonstrating dignity and respect for our customers at all times.
- Supporting the Team Leader in the day-to-day operation of the house
- Be the ‘go to person’ on shift
- Maintaining an understanding of the participant’s needs and overall wellbeing.
- Communicate and engage with participant in a relevant and meaningful way while encouraging the participant to communicate and engage with others.
- Transport participants travelling to and from activities and outings.
- Ensure all supports and services provided are accurately documented and accounted for through timesheets, case notes, incident reporting.
Why choose Rocky Bay?
At Rocky Bay, we empower the lives of our customers and people living with disability. We offer choice and independence to people of all ages with a vast array of services, equipment and facilities that are tailored to our customers and their families.
Our team are loyal, committed, and greet both their colleagues and our customers with a smile. We are intrinsically driven to make a positive difference in the world. It is a great place to work.
Amongst many other things, Rocky Bay is a Registered Training Provider so we can provide you with the tools you need to succeed. To us it is not always about your experience, qualifications and skills. it is also about who you are and what makes you unique, to go the extra mile for our customers.
What do we offer?
- A wide range of employee benefits and health and wellness programs including Employee Assistance Program, HBF Health discounts, Commonwealth Bank product discounts to name a few.
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 per year as a not for profit as well as superannuation of 10%
- 17.5% leaving loading on annual leave accruals
- Mobile phone allowance
- Travel allowance if required to use your own vehicle
- A close-knit fun, and energetic environment
- Quarterly ‘Star’ Recognition and Loyalty Awards
- Subsidised uniforms
- The support of a strong corporate team.
What you’ll need to have:
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to efficiently problem solve
- Effective time management skills and the ability to use your initiative
- Current WA driver’s licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Proof of current influenza vaccination, or be willing to obtain
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccinations, or be willing to obtain
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Valid working rights in Australia
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or equivalent and previous experience in the NDIS environment would be highly regarded (Desirable)
Sound perfect for you?
If being a Lead Support Worker is the role you have been looking for, then please submit your application by clicking the APPLY button. To be considered, all pre-qualification questions are required to be answered and please attach a copy of your current resume.
The recruitment process will be commencing immediately so if you are interested, please let us know. If you would like to speak to someone from Community for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Rocky Bay, we come from all walks of life. We all have different backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes us who we are.
We’re building a culture where uniqueness is valued. You will be considered without regard to race, gender, disability, age, religion and LGBTIQ+.
We are committed to building an inclusive team, making us the best we can be. We encourage you to apply.
To view the position description click this link