Rocky Bay is seeking, committed, motivated, and energetic persons ready to make their next step into the rewarding world of Mentoring, young adults (school-age) to support with transitioning from school to the workplace. This job would be ideal for people wanting to step back into the workplace from retirement, or parents and guardians with experience of working alongside young people with disability or university students wishing to work in disability services while deciding their career path.
Are you looking for?
- A great work/life balance with a casual role, working only School hours with School Holiday and Public Holidays off if you choose to
- To be part of a rapidly growing program supporting young people aged 16 -24 to transition into meaningful employment opportunities
- Work that is truly person centred- finding that right opportunity for our customers.
- A job where you can advocate for someone who needs support
- To join a fun-loving team who are driven and dynamic
- Job satisfaction
- To be innovative, to think outside the box
- A chance to use your own life skills and translate your lived experience in the workplace to make a difference to someone else’s beginning
What will you need to do?
- Work individually with young people, to understand what motivates them and finding opportunities that will lead to greater self-discovery.
- Communicate and engage with prospective employers about opportunities for work experience for our customers, championing their skills and goals.
- Discover and shape opportunities with the customer and employer to create meaningful relationships which demonstrates the individual’s progression.
- To build rapport and advocate for our customers through the process of discovery
- Have the confidence to educate employers about the benefits of employing young people with a disability
What do we offer?
Our S.T.E.P program is interactive, personable and the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people 16 – 24 years of age.
Your work hours and days will be dependent on working alongside school timetables and fitting in with programs.
Work will be both onsite at one of our local hubs or offsite at workplaces of our customers choice.
Rocky Bay offers a wide range of benefits to our people including:
- On-site training and development
- Competitive Salary + super 10.5% + Salary sacrifice up to $18k
- An amazing reward and recognition program.
What you’ll need to have:
Successful candidates will need to meet our mandatory compliance and vaccination requirements which will be explained if your application is progressed.
Sound perfect for you?
We hope so! Please submit your application by clicking the APPLY button and you will be directed to our recruitment system.
The recruitment process will be commencing immediately so if you are interested, please let us know. Please take the time to watch Rocky Bay’s attached video, but if you would like to speak to someone from Community for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Rocky Bay, we come from all walks of life. We all have different backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes us who we are.
We’re building a culture where uniqueness is valued. You will be considered without regard to race, gender, disability, age, religion and LGBTIQ+.
We are committed to building an inclusive team, making us the best we can be. We encourage you to apply.
Rocky Bay provides services on Noongar and Yamatji country.
Rocky Bay acknowledges and pays respect to the traditional custodians and their leaders- past, present, and emerging.
To view the position description click this link